View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #17
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
Roman returned Haruka's bow, as she acknowledged him.

"My name is Suzuhara Haruka, my callsign is Phyxius and I pilot Aegis...11," she said to him with a pause. Roman smiled at this, and spoke to her in Japanese, "So you are the pilot of the Aegis jou ichi, nice to finally meet you."

Roman knew some Japanese, mostly from his technicians, but it was mostly basic, often times his sentences were poorly structured, or words spoken incorrectly. He was still learning English as it was too, but he was quite a bit more advanced in that, than in Japanese. He'd hoped he'd said everything right, he was hoping to impress her in some way, after all, she was the pilot of the Aegis 11, a Battle Suit of beauty that he'd heard of, and seen on several occasions; and obviously the pilot matched the mech, so he wanted to definitely make a good impression, since he was going to be working with her on the battlefield.

She drew closer to him, and he froze, thinking he'd said something wrong, but she diverted slightly, and peered over the railing at the Lævateinn 2.

"It's a very beautiful piece of work, I was tasked with upgrading it and checking it's system, but I couldn't bring myself to tamper with it. Especially after the AI interface it has seems to be almost a 100% synchronized with you. Not many pilots achieve this. I only took the liberty of checking the weapon system to make sure it was ready, no tampering whatsoever, my father wouldn't have tampered with it either, in fact I sent him a photo of it, he was so excited he wanted to come here and see it." She told him. Roman beamed with joy, not only had she practically read his mind, and hadn't tampered with his suit, but she'd complimented his synchronization with the Lævateinn 2, something few noticed, but was extremely important to every pilot. A higher synchronization with one's suit was a show of one's skill as a pilot (in a way), and was something all pilots strive to improve upon; having the pilot of the Aegis 11, daughter of Doctor Suzuhara, pretty much flatly say he was a very impressive pilot was something Roman could have only reminisced over not even a few hours ago. Plus she told him that it was a beautiful suit, along with showing her father photos of it, which made the Doctor actually want to come and see it. Roman almost couldn't believe it, it was like all his efforts as an advanced Battle Suit pilot since he was eleven had finally been rewarded, and only within a matter of minutes upon entering the facility.

'This is a Shōri Facility! He thought to himself, as he forced himself into a state of humility, as acting out was no way of earning respect from his fellow pilots.

"I have been working with Battle Suits since I was a little girl," she said, making Roman smile nostalgically, as he'd been training with Battle Suits since he too was quite small.

"I noticed everyone finds my attire to be a bit weird, it's because I suffer from poor blood circulation so I get cold very easily and bruised, but it's not a major thing. How about you Roman? I can tell you're not Russian by your accent, as I can tell Zhao isn't Chinese per say. I have an ear for this, since we have so many people from so many countries around here." She finished.

Roman smiled kindly,and politely at Haruka, responding, "I find your attire fine, Miss Haruka, I never once thought it was weird, I too am wearing a hot garment, am I not?" As Roman motioned to the fine coat he was wearing, on top of the fact that he had gloves on too.

"I find it quite impressive that you can tell the subtle differences in my accent from that of a Russian. But you are right, I am not Russian, I am Ukrainian," he told her/them, pausing for a moment. "I know what you are all going to ask; yes, Ukraine is as bad as you hear it is, and then some," he told them, knowing full well that whenever he told people where he was from that they always were curious to know whether Ukraine was really as bad as it was made out to be, or whether it was just propaganda.

Roman simply looked from one person to the next, smiling politely, and then turning to look over the railing at the Lævateinn 2. He hoped to be down there in the cockpit soon.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,