View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Akeirra was confused. Not that this was anything new in the past couple of years. It had taken her at least two months to learn enough English to explain that she wanted to repair her ship. Another month had been required before she understood that her ship was beyond repair. One month after that, she could carry on a very rough conversation and FedCON had stopped trying to educate her. And so, with her limited understanding of English, she made her intentions clear that she wanted to fly again and was willing to do anything to make it happen.

And so, here she was. The FedCON representatives she'd dealt with promised a very intensive English course, but even Akeirra understood what a difficult thing that would be to accomplish. No one here came even close to understanding her native language, which meant even abstract concepts such as love or trust had to be described in concrete ways. Extremely difficult, but Akeirra was hoping for the best.

As the Zabran spoke, Akeirra clicked on a small digital recorder. Her head was hurting and she wanted to be absolutely certain she understood what was going on. As the man spoke, she listened intently, but she didn't manage to understand more than a few words. When he paused after his question, Akeirra quickly replayed his words. Twice.

Then, she tapped Aruko on the shoulder and whispered, "What is 'washout'?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,