View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
Gannet
Rookie

@Thrik: Yeah, I'd bet that it just renders them more smoothly, which is not something that could be "fixed" in the Windows version. But I'm curious to know whether "nine times" has any basis or if it's just something random someone made up.

@Radogol: The voices are supposed to be better too. But without any tools that can even playback the files, I can't even verify if this is true or not let alone convert them across. (I tried Bink player but it only works for a couple of the shorter movies - the main cutscenes won't play).

[edit] Okay, I just played the cutscenes in-game and compared to the PS2 video, which plays in VLC. Yes, the PS2 video is higher quality (in terms of compression/artifacts, not model detail) but not hugely. Also, the PS2 video is only 640x448, presumably cut short to display the subtitles below it (in Windows, the subtitles are rendered on top of the video in fullscreen but in a window the video is shorter and they're rendered in the blank space below it). So you're probably losing more than you're gaining anyway.

Last edited by Gannet; 04-15-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Gannet is offline   you may: quote & reply,