View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #6375
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Bart Lasiter View Post
i agree

Of course I've dealt with addiction. Everyone has.

But anyone who gets into drugs knows the risk that they're running. No one "accidentally" starts using drugs*, and anyone who starts taking drugs with the mindset that they won't get addicted is a moron.

Can it be tragic? Yes. But I feel no remorse. That's just who I am.

*Alright, I know there are extreme incidents where this is the case. Like girls caught up in drug trafficking who are forced to take drugs, causing an addiction, so if they ever escape or are freed from the traffickers the withdrawal forces them to come back. Somehow I doubt this is a common occurrence elsewhere.

And for the record, I'm not turning this a "don't do drugs" debate, because that's not the issue. I'm just saying that if someone overdoses, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's just like how I have no remorse when my buddy who deals drugs gets caught, or when someone joins a gang and gets shot, or when a criminal shoplifts and gets caught. They screwed up. Oh well.

If you enter a situation and know full well what the consequences are, but you choose to ignore them...then why should I feel remorse when you suffer the consequences that you were completely aware of? How is this a naive belief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
MrWally eats fresh babies in order to maintain his unnatural level of talent.
MrWally is offline   you may: quote & reply,