View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #69
Kira_Tsukasa
Rookie

I thought about the whole Jedi vs Sith, good vs evil thing and I realized something. Both the Jedi and the Sith are a different means to the same end. As Palpatine remarked in Episode III, "The Jedi want power and they want to keep it." Both groups want the galaxy to work the way they envision it to work. The Jedi piggyback themselves on the Republic, as guardians, mediators, and counselors, subtly manipulating, not necessarily events themselves, but people and groups towards causing the events they want to take place. The Sith attempt to take the galaxy by force, intervening directly with the galaxy as they see fit. For all we know, there weren't Jedi and Sith in the beginning, just a planet of "Force Users" and one leader disagreed with another leader in how they should take control and thus created the Jedi and Sith factions. I think that at some point Kreia, and maybe Jolee, realized this at some point and decided to stop thinking along the lines of Jedi and Sith and "view them as they are, pieces of a whole."

Personally, I think that is what both KotOR games are trying to show us. Yes, there is a Light Side and a Dark Side, but there is more to it than just that. Like...there is an entire forest, not just two trees.
Kira_Tsukasa is offline   you may: quote & reply,