View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
VeniVidiVicous
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
I guess I'd describe some of it as clunky, but that won't hold with a polished game mechanic...I dunno, chained/cuffed while walking a tightrope maybe?

That and it just seems so user unfriendly sometimes. The whole setup just seems cantankerous for lack of a better word.

'Course considering the now freeware "Dungeon Masters" RPGs and how their controls were somewhere between unweildy and just plain frustrating I suppose I should be more thankful...

If you don't need to take 3 months studying the controls and memorizing them just to learn how to play... That's a big deal for many people. Fairly easy control while still maintaining sophistication.
The WoW style combat system simply put is unintuitive and yes, user unfriendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Even so...I thought this was supposed to be an 'innovative leap', not more of the same just somewhat modified.
Exactly, they added little to the same old mmo combat system. No innovative leap in sight i'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
a) We have an entire forum section for this game.
I'll check that out then.

Quote:
b) What do you want to achieve with this? That they'll cancel it? That we won't play it? It's simply a statement.
Basically, I just wanted to stat what had been bugging me about this new mmo. It's been genuinely bugging me when i'd watch a development video and the bioware staff are so "This couldn't be better!!OMG!!".
Yeah.. basically getting that off my chest, not looking to achieve anything.

Quote:
c) Why compare this with Mass Effect? We're talking shooter/mmo here. An MMO that needs an engine that can perform on old and new computers. Hundreds or thousand of people are in an digital environment at once, you can't use the Crysis engine for that purpose, which is created for single player experience.
When did I mention the Crysis engine? More on point though I mention Mass Effect because it's the best combat i've ever played in an rpg and it was made by Bioware.
I basically think even a slightly broken down/simplified version of the ME1 combat system would be an "innovative leap" in mmo combat.

Quote:
And if you don't like it, (I didn't like it either, still have my doubts) don't buy it. World War 3 won't start over it. Probably.
Maybe I should this theory foward at Kavars corner?

Seriously though, thanks for the replys everyone.

VeniVidiVicous is offline   you may: quote & reply,