View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #9
VeniVidiVicous
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
I mentioned Crysis because it's specifically developed for single-player experience and most notorious for it's heavy hardware requirements. My bad.
I actually thought you were deliberatly trying to mention the most hardware-heavy example of an fps when you mentioned Crysis.

Quote:
An MMO is developed to last quite some years, on any type of PC. That way, it's developer can guarantee people like GTA and myself (with 'older' PC's) can still play it.

They then probably chose the cartoony style because it'll look good in low and high resolutions. People who have played WoW know what I mean. The graphics in the last expansion are FAR better then the original graphics, but because the overall design is cartoony, it all looks 'good.'
I see the logic in what you're saying. However wouldn't it be just as easy for these pc's to run the EXACT SAME graphics from the previous kotor games?
I'd prefer the old style because it's less childish.

Quote:
The combat in WoW is...different yes. Some classes require micro management of skills and in PvP, people buy special mouses with more buttons so they can map specials skills to those buttons. It's insane that such a thing is needed to get an edge. And I agree with you on this point.
Yes, This and the fact that you don't really "control" your characters movements really annoy me when I try mmo combat.

Quote:
However, Guild Wars proved it can be done different as well. I loved that game for it's simple, yet extremely tactical use of skills.
I'll admit I haven't tried this, I might give it a look.

Quote:
Overall, I hope I didn't make the impression to be annoyed by your thread, it's simply a thing we've been debating here since the start so I've got a clear opinion on it.
No hostilities here man.

I admit, i feel quite strongly about what (in my mind) could have made this the best game out there but feel a bit disappointed by some of Biowares decisions.

I do like hearing other peoples opinions on this too though.

VeniVidiVicous is offline   you may: quote & reply,