View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #22
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
First the quotes can be attributed to me. Second, I did qualify that with "most" and C. I already answered this in the other thread.

Hall, I used to play quite a few PnP RPGs. There was a reason I gave XP bonuses to people who RP'd properly. Once I had a pair of groups running at the same time. 30 players 15 in each. Now outside of when their character was actively engaged, as we went around the table, the conversations were no different than the OMG 1'm s0 1337 crowd in MMO's.

I have also noticed a difference in that in an MMO the more people you have, the less likely you see that attitude. Where as the PnP side is just the opposite.

igyman: 1) paying for TOR is like buying 8+ games at once. So at 240 per year it's actually a bargain.

2) Well you'll be happy to learn that TOR is supposedly going away from the "kill 10 rats" quests. There shouldn't be any quests that don't feel heroic.

3) According to BioWare they have made MANY statements that this is a STORY DRIVEN MMO. So this one is not a reason not to play TOR(as of yet. who knows if it will pan out).

4) Jedi fashion would not be expected to change much. I mean they're like monks. As far as I've seen, monks still have the same clothing style as a long time ago. But as for technology.. well I kinda agree with ya. But things like the Jawa Sand Crawler, I wouldn't expect to change much. But I did see a speederbike that looks pretty close to the ROTJ speederbike, and THAT I could see being changed. Then again, maybe the technology has plateaued. Coordinating design changes between millions of suppliers on millions of worlds takes a lot of effort. If there's one thing I have noticed, it's that the bigger a supply chain gets, the harder it is to get a design changed.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,