View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:55 AM   #138
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
((Super post, comin' at'cha!))

GUYO'S CANTINA, MANAAN

"Well, having a dishonorable discharge from the Jedi Order isn't exactly the best thing to have on one's resume..." Dominic chuckled, his arms falling back to his sides as he stepped back from her. The crowd by the bar was beginning to dwindle as patrons received their drinks and dispersed, filtering away to tables and chairs. The two friends made it to the bar in no time.

"Yeah...sometimes, I do wish I had someone to play a prank or two on." he said with a light shrug when they reached the bar, and, leaning an elbow against the side of the bar top, he asked, "Do you still drink Juma?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

ABOARD THE MILLENNIAL, PRISON LEVEL

"You worked with the Jedi Exile?" Fara asked, the faintest traces of awe working its way through her carefully composed cold facade. When she realized that she was slipping, she straightened her expression and stood a little straighter, closing her hands behind her back in a trademark military fashion. "Well then, Ms. Marr, that is a fairly fantastic tale; the Exile is practically a living legend, so you'll have to forgive me for being a little skeptical of your connection to her. If you don't mind, I'm going to have my men run a quick background check to verify your story. If it turns out you're telling the truth..." she seemed to be thinking of what to say as she said it. After a short pause, she finished, "We'll talk again after the results come back."

And with that, Fara made an about-face and left the Miraluka alone in her cell, signaling one of the patrolling guards to follow her. Giving sharp, curt orders, she had him running off to another level to have a background check on one Visas Marr. However, she didn't much feel like returning to the Bridge just yet - and seeing as they wouldn't be dropping out of hyperspace any time soon, she turned left at the elevator instead of right, and went on.

ABOARD THE MILLENNIAL, COMMAND BRIDGE

"Oh, I dunno." Mica said as he stood straight again, putting both hands behind his head. "We'll all get medals, I suppose - maybe even a promotion! The Admiral gets that this is a hugely bad problem, so if we can beat it, then we're sure to get a hugely good reward...an upgrade in pay, new uniforms, maybe even a squad or two under our--"

The elder twin's daydreaming was abruptly interrupted by his brother's sharp, jerking rise from his seat. The motion made it look as though he had just been stabbed in the back side with a red hot iron, and his expression spoke of the same. "I can't stand listening to your babble." he growled lowly, and turned for the door. "I'm getting a drink, if Fara needs me."

Mica watched his counterpart leave the Bridge with a shocked, bewildered gaze. Sal had had all the anger of a freshly-branded Rancor...and for no reason! His mouth, which had gone slack, now worked like a fish out of water. "But...but...you're not supposed to leave your station!" He called, but it didn't matter. He was already gone.

ABOARD THE MILLENNIAL, MESS HALL

Salvatore practically collapsed onto a stool in front of the Mess Hall's bar, ordering up a draft of Tarisian Ale. It wasn't the real stuff, naturally - but a brew as strong and popular as Taris' pride and joy never disappeared for good so long as someone had had the brains to hang on to the recipe for it. When the mess captain OK'ed the dispersal of the drink, a chilled glass was slapped down in front of him and filled. He didn't waste any time; he tossed his head back and took a big gulp, eyes beginning to water as the alcohol seared his tongue and throat. Once he'd swallowed the liquid, he breathed a sigh, blinked, and surveyed the area.

It didn't take long for his eyes to land on the Jedi woman that was sitting two empty seats to his left. He looked at her for only a moment before speaking. "Drinking already, Jedi?" he asked, his face straight as he lifted his own glass. "That's rather unhealthy for you." And down went another quarter of the glass.
ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,