View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
prospect
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
Inyri has a point. My eyes are pretty good at noticing detail (or lack thereof, in some cases), and when I first played USE, I couldn't really tell the difference (except for a slight difference of smoothness, so slight I couldn't tell until I was at the end of the game after a 12 hour l4d2 marathon) between framerate for this game and framerate for my other games, like L4D2 (which caps at 60), Modern Warfare 2 (caps at 60 for multiplayer, goes well above 100 in some scenes in single player), or Half Life 2 (which I have seen go upwards past 300 FPS)
No dude, you're eyes are not very perceptive at all if you can not tell a SUBSTANTIAL difference between 30 fps and 60fps.

It's like day & night. I hate how people assume that we're just being picky because THEY don't notice a difference. Why would we lie about it? Like, what do I have to gain by lying to random people on a game forum? We really do notice a huge difference.

Now personally, while I do notice an enormous difference between 30 and 60 fps, I don't notice much of a difference above 60 fps, but I have friends who do, and I don't disrespect them and accuse them of being liars, I can accept that their eyes are different and they really do notice the difference between something like 60 and 90 fps. People are different, maybe your eyes aren't as perceptive as mine, but maybe you have better hearing or make up for it some other way, it doesn't mean there is something wrong with you, people are just different.
prospect is offline   you may: quote & reply,