View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #248
DisapprovingOwl
Rookie

Thanks for trawling through my epic wall of text and replying so comprehensively, LogicDeluxe! = ) Will skip anything you've just said you can/will do or that's on your to-do list and just offer the following couple of extra comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDeLuxe View Post
The animation should be easy to implement. In the SE graphics, we see Guybrush's feet. I think, both can work, if the perspective is right.
Good to hear that it'd be easy to implement if necessary. Still, it's probably not worth worrying about until you have a "final" version of the Spiffy close-up that you're happy with, as if the close-up used shows Guybrush's leg rather than his head then it's not worth implementing the extra animation of him kneeling. I'll see whether leg or head looks better when I get to that part of my attempt at redrawing it. = )

Quote:
You might just hit the "."-key to skip his text.
Ah, good point; I thought doing that would skip the screen entirely, so I hadn't tried it. It does indeed work. = ) Never mind, then.

Quote:
I don't think that they exactly fit the mood. I'd rather not use any MI2:SE sounds, as this would make that game a requirement too, which would be overkill.
Yeah, I get what you mean about the sounds I mentioned; they were just the first thing I thought of off the top of my head. Also, good call on saying no to MI2 sounds - I hadn't considered that that would make MI2:SE a requirement too, which would be prohibitive to those who only own the original MI:SE.

Quote:
I think, a separate version is a bit over the top. A boot param could be implemented to switch those scenes off. Would that serve your needs?
That would be even better actually; I didn't even consider you'd be able to make something like that a boot param. Only other thing I'd mention is that, if you couldn't find any suitable sounds within MI:SE for Guybrush's un-voiced noises in Part 2, that they also be removed as a part of this boot param.

Quote:
There is a perfect system behind Stan's price ideas. There is no easy fix to cover all possible voice files. I could improve the coverage a lot by only allowing selecting 2000 as the first offer, though. This would eliminate any price ideas above 10000 at least (which all have no voice file), but also might seem strange to only have one option available at first.
Ah, didn't realise it was so complicated, not having seen the system behind it. I must admit, I've never personally got a price over 10,000, so I didn't even know it went up that high! From what you've said, it sounds like the price system would need to be rebuilt almost from the ground up to work only with the voiced lines, which would be far too much time and effort that could be put into better things. = ) Since any changes to this bit would only be part of an alternative boot param, and from the sounds of it still wouldn't fix the issue entirely, I'd say do whatever you feel is best on this one.

Will stop clogging up this topic with my feedback now; my next post should hopefully be the first version of my take on the Spiffy close-up, which doubtless will need some refinement. = )
DisapprovingOwl is offline   you may: quote & reply,