View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #103
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Okay, there's one thing you need to keep in mind with videogames, and this applies to every single game ever made: Gameplay is never ever canon. Ever. The plot is canon, the non-combative character interactions are canon, and the general progression of the story is canon; but all of the elements that make up the game which the player interacts with and manipulates are purely representational because they are subject to the player's activities. Sometimes this includes some of the level designs, or even the entirety of them. With situations like the one in question, you just have to take the suspension-of-disbelief road and realize that it's only part of the gameplay.

This is the one universal rule of gaming. For The Force Unleashed in particular, we've got a higher level of storytelling that supersedes all other presentations of the story, and that is the novels. I'm not saying that the games should be dependent upon the novels in order to tell the entire story (which, unfortunately, they are in some cases), but that if ever there is a question as to how the story truly plays out when the gameplay factor leaves it ambiguous, the answer is to be found in the novels. If it isn't in the novels, then it's up to your own imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,