View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Stuttering Audio in HP Pavillion XP sp2 Laptop tried everything...

OK, guys, so one of the IT techs needs help! I'm trying to fix a friends audio on his computer a HP Pavillion zd8000 (I will post full system specs below my review sentances). The exact problem is no matter what the audio, or what you use to play it stutters, all the windows sounds are stuttering. I'm convinced its software rather than hardware, but after doing battle for 4 days I'm running out of ideas.

It's an integrated sound card the exact model is Intel ICH6 AC97 Sound Card - from searches on the net numerous people seem to have had issues with this particular piece of hardware/software. and I have litterally tried everything you can think of to get the sound working. I've updated, deleted, re-installed the audio drivers, I've uninstalled anti-virus, and checked processes on startup (31 running, with around 1,600mb free ram when computer is ready to run. I have downlaoded audio drivers from intel, HP and realtek, and installed them to no avail. I'm considering installing SP3 at this point, but I'm not convinced that has much to do with the problem.

Show spoiler

So anyone have any ideas?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,