View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #114
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Gawd. C-canon? T-canon? G-canon? And I get told off for taking this stuff too seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
As for your points about Starkiller, they are fairly convincing, except for one small factor: the Dark Apprentice from the dark side ending and the "Distant Thunder" videos. Now, there's a perfect clone of a Force user, as Vader stated.
Considering how little we've seen of him, I wouldn't make such a bold statement. If Vader was telling the truth and imperfect clones eventually go insane, he may well turn out to be unstable. Maybe his insanity just manifests later. Indeed, being able to suppress memories and convince himself that he's somebody else than he remembers would make him pretty damn crazy in my book.
Alternately, of course, he may actually be the real Starkiller, whom Vader managed to convince that he's a clone. The protagonist would then be just another clone, and indeed towards the end he does seem to become more unstable and obsessed, and experiences hallucinations complete with hearing voices.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,