View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #35
Esoteric_Monk
Lurker

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmMaster View Post
I encounter this myself running the hack at 1920x1080 resolution. As far as I know, this is NOT caused by the hack. It is a restriction with the movies. Let me explain:

The game's movies are natively 640x480 resolution. What the movie patches do is raise the resolution up to 1600x1200. Which is the game's highest native resolution. In order to see the movie patches in game your resolution has to be at least 1600x1200. In yours and my cases, we don't meet that requirement. It is a common mistake that took me a while to figure out.

Required res: 1600x1200

Your res: 1680x1050

My res: 1920x1080

You see now? Our width values meet the requirement, but our height values do not. It sucks, yes I know, but I'm not aware of anything that can be done.
Son-of-a-gun, would you look at that. Thank you, Zimmer, for following up with me. I guess I'll just have to deal with the little boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
You can get Rad Video Tools and resize each movie to your native resolution.

Be warned that it takes forever, though, even if you have a Core i7, so be sure to back up your work so you won't have to do it again.
Hehe, this would take days on my poor comp. It's got muscle, but that muscle is four years old.
Esoteric_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,