View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #37
Esoteric_Monk
Lurker

Cool Guy

^Haha, too true.

Hey, I've got a rather strange update that actually fixed this issue! So I went into my Nvidia control panel, where you can set custom resolutions, and poked about to see if it would take the resolution of the in-game movies.

It didn't, but that wasn't too much of a surprise to me, as my monitor doesn't support it. I then just played around with some other resolutions, one of them being the highest HD res I could go: 1080p (1920 x 1080). Naturally, this doesn't look too great on a 2.1 in monitor, so I set it back to standard and went on my merry way.

The next day I log into the game and noticed the starter "movies" (the logos and such) were full size, not small. Then as I played I came to an in-game movie of the Ebon Hawk lifting off from a planet and wouldn't you know, it was full size! Well, technically not the full size of the movie, but certainly it fit my screen like a nice widescreen edition, black bars and all.

I'm not sure if this could be repeated, but I'm certain whatever I did had to have kicked something into gear. I hope this may lead you, and anyone else, on the right path.
Esoteric_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,