View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #91
Klw
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootheOperator View Post
Lucas has never said for sure who Plagueis created, personally i believe it was Anakin.
But he said that Plagueis did create someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootheOperator View Post
i don't really understand where you are going with this one. are you saying it is dumb that plagueis was destined to create anakin? just curious.
There's a big difference between a prophet and a messiah. If all he did was prepare the way for someone greater than him, then his supposed "power" means that much less.

If he was selected by the Force to create Anakin, that also means that he really didn't choose to do it himself, even if he thinks he did. You can only be called powerful if you have the freedom to wield your abilities, and if Plagueis was just a conduit for the force instead of being able to control the force with his own free will, he really isn't that powerful.

But of course I still think that all of this compares poorly with the political accomplishments of Palpatine. This isn't just a discussion about force power, and even if it were I would probably still stick with revealed canon over speculation.
Klw is offline   you may: quote & reply,