View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #98
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.
There is no evidence. It is an idea. There doesn't always have to be a master plan in everything. The possibility that Anakin was an experiment was just a hokum idea that i threw out there. It is not canon, and not sanctioned by anyone. It was a simple idea that Plagueis created Anakin, just to play around. It is neither here, nor there, and has no bearing in the Star Wars universe what-so-ever.
Then why did you even bring it up? I'm not interested in possibilities, I'm interested in established facts.

Quote:
The more preposterous aspects of the expanded universe say that Palpatine had clones of his body, since he could not make his body immortal, he would move his essence from one dying body, through the force, and put it in one of his "blank" bodies, and therefore stay alive. There is no evidence to say that plagueis could not do this as well. No evidence to prove that he could, but again, IN MY OPINION, it is a possiblilty
See above. There many possibles that we can bring up when talking about Plagueis (and indeed about any character which we know very little about), but they are neither here nor there. "Possible" in this thread seems to be used as a synonym for "Something I make up to support my position".

Quote:
He used his "mind trick" to have critical decisions made and used the system itself to ascend to power.
If I read this right, you're claiming that the majority of Palpatine's manipulations were accomplished purely with his mind-affecting powers. Err, source, please?

Quote:
(it was later found out that the man [Krayt] killed was a decoy, not the real emperor, but that's beside the point)
Actually, that doesn't sound beside the point at all.

And why is running in and killing Emperor Fel so much more impressive anyway? Just the fact that you hate politics? Palpatine spent decades establishing a power base in the Republic as well as various underworld networks with such thoroughness that by the time he became the Galactic Emperor, it was completely legitimate as far as almost anyone in the galaxy knew. That speaks volumes about his intellect and ability to plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0
The suit that he put on Vader was meant to keep him at a disadvantage so Palpatine would never have to worry about losing his power from Vader.
Debatable, not to mention discredited. Palpatine muses in the novel Dark Lord that Vader's weakness was really much more due to psychological consequences of his defeat by Kenobi than anything to do with the suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0
Bane was able to control the power of the dark side better than any other Sith lord, which by definition would make him the most powerful Sith lord. He was so powerful, he was able to withstand the thought bomb.
Sentence #1 needs some specific examples. Sentence #2 is an absolute lie; Bane only "survived" the thought bomb by virtue of not being within its blast range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0
Darth Bane had lost to his apprentice, but only to continue on living through her when he performed the ritual that gave him the ability to live on in another being. (I forget what it's called)
Do you refer to his attempt to transfer his essence into Zannah at the end of Dynasty of Evil? It's actually canon that his attempt failed and his spirit was banished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0
[Bane] acquired more knowledge than any other Sith lord who has ever lived.
What evidence do you base this off of? We know of only a handful of Sith artifacts that he found and studied. Palpatine spent decades studying various smaller Force cults and sects as well as the Sith and Jedi.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,