View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #101
Klw
Rookie

Since I quoted him in the Windu vs. Sidious thread, here are some more tidbits from Sun Tzu:

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."
Therefore, political conquest is greater than military victory.

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness."
No one knew that Sidious was a Sith lord until his moment of glory.

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate..."
In other words, give the Jedi some troops to command so they won't see Order 66 coming.

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."
Exactly how Palpatine defeated Mace Windu and Starkiller. Basically everything he does is deception. The destruction of the Republic, the conversion of Darth Vader, even the Battle of Endor are all textbook cases of his utter genius in action.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."
Palpatine was doing most of this in the public eye, but no one knew what he had in mind until he actually did it.

No Sith lord exemplifies these quotes better than Sidious.

As for the mind trick, I don't think you can mind trick thousands of senators all at once (or even individually because you just wouldn't have the time) and even if you could, you definitely couldn't mind trick the Jedi Council. Yet both the Senate and the Jedi Council willingly went along with Palpatine's plan.

Last edited by Klw; 06-21-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Klw is offline   you may: quote & reply,