View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
bulsey86
Rookie

Current Game: Portal 2
I think there is one fundamental problem and it relates to a suitable storyline for a new game - where does Kyle's story go next? The Jedi Knight brand was first and foremost the story of Kyle's rise from mercenary to Jedi Master. Although we took control of Jaden in JA, Kyle's role was still central to the plot. Now that Jaden has completed his training, where does Kyle fit in? Or does the story progress and become that of Jaden Korr?

Don't get me wrong - I would love a new JK game. At the moment, however, the series has a whole host of mods, maps and the like that continue to keep things fresh. Although releases have slowed down dramatically (which after 8 years isn't a surprise) there is still enough interest in the games to keep them alive. I know I never tire of playing the games so that must be worth something.

Who knows? Maybe Lucasarts are busy trying to figure out the perfect story so as not to tarnish the brand that so many know and love, just like 3D Realms did with Duke Forever. Wait a minute...

IT'S A TRAP!
Your Tongues Can't Repel Flavor Of That Magnitude!
bulsey86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,