View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #6812
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Today I saw Big D and the Kids Table live twice in one day. Went to Warped Tour (and now I'm pissed I went, you'll see why) and waited around 9 hours to see them play. Originally went for both them and Less Than Jake, but LTJ was supposed to play at noon, and due to traffic and being late, went on at 6. The exact same time that Big D was going on. So I decided to head to Big D because I enjoy them more than LTJ, and I was not disappointed. They were fantastic live. They then said afterwards they were going to play a longer show at midnight at "The Dive Bar." Game f***ing on.

Fast forward to about 10:30, I get to the bar, head on in, and a band is playing, so I just sit down and listen. They finish up, next band starts setting up, is about to play. I turn around, and see who else but Dave McWane, the lead singer and mastermind of Big D. He was super nice, and just talked with me for like 10 minutes over a can of Pabst, their beer of choice.

Their show at The Dive Bar was far and away the single greatest show I've ever been to. Maybe like 50 people in a small room, no security, and a super nice band that encouraged their audience to participate. I sang face-by-face with Dave McWane. I'm pretty sure that means my life from this point on is now meaningless. Then after they're done they just hung out and took pictures and talked with everyone.

Myself and Dave McWane. Note my "hur dur" starstruck face/awkward timing.

This time with no "hur dur" face for me but blurry laughing Dave.

In addition, I spent like 30-40 minutes just hanging at Big D's merch booth, while waiting for their guy to see if they had a shirt big enough for me in their bus. As he goes, their trumpet player Chris just said to kick back under their tent, and we talked the whole time. Since they didn't have a shirt in my size, I actually bought the 3 CD's of theirs that I listen to all the time, but never actually paid for, as well as their brand new cd that doesn't come out until July 5.

Myself and the aforementioned trumpet player Chris.

All my CDs.

All in all, an absolutely amazing day, even if I did get absolutely ****ed over by Warped Tour compared to The Dive Bar show.

Now to go pass out because I work tomorrow from 1-9PM. I foresee much caffeine in my future.

BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,