View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #1523
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
I just took a look at Wookieepedia, and I think that most of the notable practitioners held thier lightsabers in the standard way, and some of them used double sabers:

I think that the main thing about Shien is that it isn't a purely defensive style: after a defensive parry, there is an aggressive counterstrike; likewise, blaster bolts get deflected back at attackers, rather than at innanimate objects. The hand grip position being reversed can be used, but isn't the primary use of the form.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny
Well, yessss....having one lightsaber held upside down would look funny. I was going to dual-wield, as that's what my character does. (Yes I did cheat to get the second saber, I know, I know )
I just thought having two would look cool.

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Anakin_Xisali is offline   you may: quote & reply,