View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
What creativity?

Further, if I may quote the only sane man from page three of that thread (for I find it an appropriate response to the average reaction):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Asendant
And this is exactly the sort of pointless, adolescent fanwanking that gets me giddy just thinking of Revan being electrocuted to death. Because 'Revan' isn't a defined character with faults that can be examined. 'Revan' is just a bunch of people roleplaying how they're the most awesome people in the universe and sharing their ego trips to others on the internet. Especially annoying when the ordinary chest thumping is not enough anymore and certain people start getting philosophical, thinking they're all deep and profound and ****.
In summary: Yes, sure looks awful, but so did Crosscurrent (a Star Wars book with time travel in it), and it turned out to be great. I'll probably end up getting it to see for myself. And even if it is horrendous, just because it is horrendous does not mean that there is a single solitary thing in it that is too awful for a fan to actually put in a fanfic; they only despise it because it isn't their idea. And yes, I'm totally sure that the book is just as awful as this guy says it is. He's obviously not butthurt over anything.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 10-03-2011 at 09:34 AM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,