View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #14
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333 View Post
I got my last three desktops from here: http://www.sohodiffusion.com/ One I assembled myself . The other two I asked them to do it for me: I chose the parts and they charged $50 to assemble the PC and install the OS and they did a clean job (they did a mistake on the last PC by not including the RAM I asked for though - it was actually more expensive than what I had ordered but not the right amount - I sent them a notice and picked up the new ram to install...and they told me to keep the other sticks as well). They also have some pre-assembled PCs at decent prices for those who don't want to chose parts one by one. Downside is that customer support if you live far away seems limited (ok as I live close by).

And beware if you order from a US website: you can end up with terrible custom brokerage fees in addition to the regular taxes (I hate UPS...)
Yeah, D3's had really good luck with SohoDiffusion. If you could find a place like that near you it would be ideal. You'd be able to pick and choose every single part in your machine, giving you all of the benefits of a build-your-own without actually having to build it.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,