View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #38
S_W_LeGenD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
I received a reply from Mr Karpyshyn;
@ jonathan7

Seriously, your email to Drew would have served no purpose. The book is on the verge of release. And judging by the spoilers, I believe that that Drew has been disrespectful to both Revan and Exile. However, we can only pass final judgment after reading the Novel.

Also, I disliked your approach of strongly defending your favorite character, Exile, in your message while you bashed Revan for no apparent reason. This was completely uncalled for and it reveals your jealousy.

If you talk about powers, I can put a much more convincing case that Exile wasn't as powerful as her fans make her out to be. She was nothing major without her companions and her being wound of the Force. However, I being a fan of Revan, still dislike the way Exile has been treated in the Novel.

Just like the fans of Exile have expectations from there character of getting a good role and performance in the Novel; same is true for the fans of Revan.

Unfortunately, Drew had a chance to satisfy the fans of his works worldwide but he seems to have blown off the opportunity. I can think of a far more convincing story but what can you expect from a writer of average caliber?

Drew is just OK. He does comes up with brilliant ideas but he is not a brilliant story teller, as far as Star Wars is concerned. And you can never ever expect a Force-Titan from him. He has a very different perception of Force and he believes that the Force has limitations.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD; 10-24-2011 at 01:15 PM.
S_W_LeGenD is offline   you may: quote & reply,