View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #39
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
@ jonathan7

Seriously, your email to Drew would have served no purpose.
Thanks for your input, though it's my time to waste serving no purpose, and last time I checked I was free to do with my time what I like. Though apart from anything else, I thought it good for Drew to know that not everyone who disagreed with the novel hated or felt the need to flame him.

I'm also sorry I hadn't realised two adults weren't allowed to have a conversation/send each other emails even if "it's pointless" (which for point of fact most of our correspondence with other human beings is, for example what purpose did this reply serve? Or my reply back serve? You think I'm going to change my mind after a few ad hominems from you?)

Quote:
Also, I disliked your approach to strongly defend your favorite character, Exile, in your message. At the same time, you bashed Revan for no apparent reason.
Great, sorry for having an opinion different to yours. I'll have to remember next time I'm sending an email from my personal point of view, I should actually make it balanced in case someone disagree's. If it bothers you so much why don't you write an email to Mr Karpyshyn?

Quote:
This was completely uncalled for and it reveals your jealousy.
Seriously, jealousy? HUGE jump of logic here; Yeah I'm real freaking jealous of a fictional charachter... Or maybe the ammount of people who come on these boards claiming Revan could beat Yoda, Vader, Sidious, Jesus and Gandi's ledt flip flop together just causes me (and others) to be cynical towards "their" Revan. I'd rather my Revan didn't die, but she's a black woman; not the generic male Caucasian most people on these boards are; I'd quite happily see their Revan die.

Quote:
If you talk about powers, I can put a much more convincing case that Exile wasn't as powerful as her fans make her out to be. She was lot less in comparison.
So just another Revan fanboy then? Just to note, my opinion was that Revan is a more powerful force user than the Exile as well as being a better leader...

Quote:
Unfortunately, Drew had a chance to satisfy the fans but he seems to have blown off the opportunity. I can think of a far more convincing story but what can you expect from a writer of average caliber?
I think whatever Mr Karpyshyn decided to do he would of been criticised by someone, nor do I think a professional writer who is continually re-hired can be of "average caliber".

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,