Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #33
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
^
I believe in the old addage "give credit, where credit is do" and of course these artists and copyright holders by all means SHOULD be entitled to payment for their hard earned work. However, as it stands with such a poorly written, ambiguously vague bill as SOPA anyone seen photographed wearing a T-shirt with the Pepsi logo on it potentially could get hammered for copyright infringment. That Is from what I understand to be the bigger "scope" that has everyone up in arms, if this thing passes things are seriously going to get out of hand. But hey I will give my U.S. government one thing; when they qactually see something through until the end they tend to get 100% results - that is of course excluding a 99% jobless ecconomy, healthcare crisis, and a US economy on the verge of bankruptcy nigh due to all of these future fantastic lawsuits that will be popping up. But of course the internet right now is much, much more important than getting the ecconomy back on its feet or those jobs that were promised three years ago. How about that healthcare package? Naw the interwebz is way more important.
As I'm probably the oldest one here, I can tell you for a fact that every time the government decides to do things like this, it's because they wrote checks with their mouths that they can't cash with their own butt. After the Branch Davidian slaughter at Waco, Congress decided to investigate the way BATF works.

There had been complaints before when the agency had seized personally owned weapons then ran the owners around in court as if it were an Organized Crime case, then when the weapons were finally returned, it was discovered they had been dumped in a barrel without a cover and left in a warehouse without guards so half were missing but hey, that's not BATF's problem, so no recompense.

Then before the investigation can happen, we have Oklahoma City (My favorite conspiracy theory [Old crime adage, who profits]) because the only Federal Agency that got what they wanted out of that was the BATF.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,