View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #54
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"Oh yes, thank you," was all S202A got from the Sergeant.

After briefly checking her terminal she said, "Let us go then." The Shade tilted his head slightly as he seemed to hear something she didn't but he did as she said, exiting the room before her, his hand on his Shade issue combat knife; though mostly out of training and instinct, more than any distrust of the Sergeant.

He let her move past him so that he would be to her side and slightly behind her.

As they moved towards the hangar bay he felt the usual ebbs of information that he got from nearby people stagnate around the Sergeant, he looked over at her suspiciously, finding a sudden image flash to mind of cards.

'A game of.....? Oh,' he thought, realizing after only a few moments what was going on. It seemed the Sergeant didn't trust him to keep his mind to himself; he couldn't blame her. He would not enter others minds so frivolously, but her caution was not unwarranted, Shades couldn't block out the thoughts they perceived from others as many would like to believe they could. Still, something about the fact that she was doing this around him, who'd been with her squad for some time, was....Disturbing? He didn't know, it felt like a faint heaviness in his gut and chest, was the only way he could describe it to himself.

"Can I ask you something?" She spoke up.

"I'm afraid the answer is no. Shades are prohibited from having relationships, ma'am," he answered automatically, not waiting for the actual question. He looked over at her to find he'd spoken preemptively. If he cared he would have felt like a fool right then, but he didn't, he was just answering a question he didn't know the answer to, seeing as he couldn't grasp from her what she was wanting to ask, and he was used to answering questions before they were asked. Though you'd be surprised how many times he'd been asked out for a drink or on a date by different military personnel (men and women), something about the whole mysterious, dangerous thing that made people 'attracted' to Shades, though to his assumption they were probably just adrenaline junkies. The fact that he'd given that answer meant that, that was one of the most asked questions he got, and that he was giving the answer to a question he was assuming was coming, purely on his own knowledge, experience, and statistics.

"Sorry Sir, carry on," he apologized.

"I get this is a very important mission, but as a General's daughter even I know that something is being kept from us and the presence of a Shade further confirms my suspicions. Can I trust you to follow my judgement?" She asked.

This, was a hard point. He 'liked' the Sergeant - as far as a Shade could like someone that is - and had been with her squad for some time. Her apparent lack of trust in him was probably a result of his lack of trust towards everyone, including her. If he was going to get her to 'trust' him, just so the strange feeling he had in his gut would go away, he would have to trust her. It was flawed reasoning to it's finest, but it was all the Shade could do to ensure that the mission got done, though there was one overriding command that was swaying his decision. The Sergeant's father - though he would never openly admit to it - had ordered S202A to protect her, and keep her alive, this took priority above any other directive. Unfortunately this order has been taking it's tole on S202A, as he has been 'contracting' feelings from his constant close proximity to the Sergeant, and her squad, causing some concern with both the 'Prism' and the General as to how this was beginning to affect S202A's performance in carrying out his duties, or they worried that he would carry out actions that Shades were not supposed to do. The latter was what the General feared the most.

This was why that after this mission, if by some miracle S202A didn't die carrying out his overriding order, he would be 'retired', per the 'Prism's' recommendation, and the General's orders.

It was almost as if he were fighting a real battle at that very moment as he struggled to give his answer.

Finally after a long and tenuous pause he answered, "You can trust me....."

Was all he was able to utter. He knew that to ensure that all parts of the mission got done he would have to have her trust him now, even if that meant breaking that trust later on to do so.

Then a sudden thought came to mind and he spoke up once more, his voice far more menacing this time, "Don't expect me not to kill your friend, Andrew, if the need arises though."

The Shade said, wanting it to be clear that he did not trust the man in the black duo, and that he would kill him if the need arose. Hopefully his honesty would help to establish some trust with her, though he knew otherwise.

He looked away from her, his silence returning.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,