View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #699
Lando Jeffrini
Rookie

Kotor still locking up w Vista

Found this forum after my Kotor game (Best of PC) locked up. The game loaded and started fine, but when I got the Swoop Platform races in order to free Bastilla, the game locked up when loading the next area (approx 75% load). I have uninstalled and reinstalled, changed the dll file, installed and ran w XP service pack 2 and as an admin, plus did the shortcut to the startup.exe in admin, and it still locks up in the same place. Tried to disable vertex buffer objects, but the file will not let me change or add anything. Think it's time to finally give up, which sucks because Kotor was the game I wanted to play the most in the pack. ANYONE have any other suggestions? Also, when I do a system check, it indicates that drive Q is empty and fails. Odd because as far as I know, there is no drive Q. Help!

DirectX

Version 9.0c
d3dx9_30.dll Yes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Display devices

Device ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
TnL Yes
Pixel shader 3.0
Vertex shader 3.0
Driver atiumdag.dll
Version 7.14.10.612
VendorId 4098
DeviceId 38416
Memory 1917 MB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sound devices

Device Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Driver RTKVHD64.sys
Version 6.00.0001.5704

CPU

Device AMD Phenom(tm) 9150e Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), 
Total 4
Speed 1799 MHz
MMX Yes
SSE Yes
SSE2 Yes
3DNow Yes

RAM

Total 1024 MB

Operating system

Name Windows XP
Version Service Pack 2

Drives

Name C:
Device WDC WD6400AAKS-22A7B2 ATA Device
File system NTFS
Total 600477 MB
Available 368762 MB

Name Q:
Device

Name D:
Device ATAPI DVD A DH16A6S ATA Device
Lando Jeffrini is offline   you may: quote & reply,