^Just hit the link in the top right-hand corner of that post.
Originally Posted by HOVA69
I recently got a copy of kotor 2 after I had played the first one, man I loved that game. After getting sadly star wars geeky excited at playing the sequel I was devestated at having the joy snatched from me.
I installed the game easily. Patched it with 1b version. placed in mss.dll file. Changed the game display as well as the target on a shortcut as well to run i core processor.
The game loaded well. It allowed me to sort out my character how I wanted spending time in slecting certain force specialities and when the music clip started with the story line writing star wars style I was like a little kid again.
After this the game crashed. I was devastated!!!!!!. I have seen on many web site forums many many people stating the same problems. I have windows 7 intel core 3 new laptop. But I have also seen that the intel video thing for my computer and hope that thsi will not be the problem stopping me playing this great game????
I have updated drivers as well but nothing.......Please please please can someone help me.....I have gone through all the steps listed on this forum which are in great detail but still it crashes in the same place please someone must have a solution???? It cant just not work work intel videos as there must be a large amount of us in same position and that would alienate a market. I am based in th uk!!!!!
Your thanks in advance!!!!!
Try using the game's configuration utility to post your system specs:
Originally Posted by stingerhs
Post your system specs
Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:
- If you're using Vista or Windows 7, go into your game folder, find "launcher.exe" and right-click on it. Select "properties", then "compatibility" and check the box beside "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Then check the box next to "Run this program administrator" and hit "OK". (EDIT by Q)
- Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2 (by running "launcher.exe").
- Click on "Configure".
- Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
- Click "Yes" to continue.
- Click "Details" to view your system specs.
- Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
- Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.
You can leave out the keymapping and everything after that.