View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #243
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snommism View Post
I forgot to mention the first post, and almost forgot again. We do have a level 50 sawbones in guild, within 24hours of hitting 50 she took part in a successful (normal mode) EV run (I wasn't there so I don't know if she got carried by the other healer (8 person team)). We're about to (literally minutes from now) run hard mode EV now so I'll try to keep my eye on her and let you know.
She did fine healing in hard mode eternity vault, last night. I didn't really ask the other healer if she was having to work overtime to pick up slack or anything but I know we had little to no deaths. Even if the other healer was picking up some slack it would be hard to judge as the sawbones has some pretty poor gear ><

Good news though (and some bad for sages I guess):
Quote:
We plan on improving the overall Area of Effect healing performance of the Mercenary/Commando in the next major Game Update (1.2) by increasing the number of targets affected by Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb.

As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we donít agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed. That said, we certainly think thereís room for improvements (and our upcoming Game Update 1.2 has a sizeable chunk of such improvements). For example, we are shifting the healing created by the Kolto Cloud ability to be front loaded in 1.2 to allow it to act as an emergency Area of Effect healing tool.

Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.
snommism is offline   you may: quote & reply,