View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #258
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Any suggestions?
I'd agree with Lynk and Miltiades, the game seems easier if you stick with one tree for the most part and playing solo as a tank or healer is somewhat insane when you can respec later. I would say it is good practice to get use to your abilities by picking a specialty and sticking with it through the entire game content, but from my experience there is a huge difference between playing a healer solo and playing a healer in a group. My experience playing the game solo has actually hurt my ability to play the same role in a group.

My one advice for playing the game largely solo, would be to watch your companions equipment. That was essential for my finishing the game largely solo as a healer, but it has also been extremely helpful with my solo DPS Imperial Agent. Not to the extreme it was with my healer, where my companion usually had better gear than me, but I really try to keep my companion as close as I can to being on par with my toon.

Remember if you get stuck, yell. My smuggler has already done one Jedi class quest on Voss three times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Lastly, for those who might not know (it is sometimes not included in guides on daily commendations), there's a space mission, Operation Ascendant Pride for Imperials and Operation New Eclipse for Republicans, that gives 2 daily commendations. Pretty important for those that only do the soloable dailies.
I knew...Lynk told me to do my daily space mission...Didn't know it was worth 2...Still I hate space missions, but I guess I have to do what I have to do.

Last edited by mimartin; 03-05-2012 at 11:21 AM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,