View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Nice thread. I thought I was the only one that could spend minutes staring at the start screen because it was amazing (and then moving the analog stick or mouse from time to time just to make sure we're not interrupted by a demo loop or anything).

Batman: Arkham City
View page
YouTube Video
Love everything about this menu, from the music to the way the image is frozen (like a still from a comic) but the camera is still panning beautifully around the character and the raindrops. Oh, and bats!

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
(The only video I could find focus on the opening, the menu only shows up at 1:15.)
View page
YouTube Video
I'm a great fan of all things SMT (ask Mav about it), but I like Nocturne's title screen because it's so damn creative. A handful of demons of all sizes and shapes staring at the player with bright, scary eyes. And the main character among them (after all, he IS half a demon). It has quite the impact.

Shadow of the Colossus
(again, I could only find the menu along with the op and the gameplay. It starts at 03:42)
View page
YouTube Video
Well, it's so cool to mention SotC in every "schnazzy" list and I just couldn't avoid it. I love how the wind blows and there's a vast expanse of nothing and you realize you're an ant in that world even before you bump in any colossi. Extra points because it's interactive and you can zoom in and pan the camera a bit.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.

Last edited by Ctrl Alt Del; 06-20-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,