View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamps View Post
Edit: Speaking of TOR, Bioware just started doing free character transfers between specific servers in order to populate them. For the record, SWG didn't do this until 2009, six years in. Didn't want to double post, but this definitely shows the game is struggling...
Really...I thought it showed that BioWare is new to MMOs. They opened too many servers at the start, then have steadily made every other PR mistake to run off the extreme MMOer and the more casual KotOR fan.

As far as the game itself, there is no doubt in my mind that it is the greatest Star Wars and perhaps the best video game I have ever played. However player experiences may differ...I did the smuggler story first, which was great...the Jedi Consular story on the other hand was just meh at best.

So while the subscription is down from 1.7 million to 1.3 million it is hardly struggling. Just like SWG, TOR is just suffering from overly exaggerated expectations and a company that while they know how to produce entertaining games, knows nothing about pandering to the demands of the MMO crowd. Just everyone want to say if a MMO does not reach WOW numbers that is a failure, which anyone that has played TOR knows isn't the case. You may not like certain elements of the game or the readily apparent lack of experience BioWare has in maintaining and customer service for a MMO, but I will argue from experience with anyone that says TOR is not entertaining and well done for what it is.

To the topic: Cool if it is a update, I will buy them both for a third time. However, KotOR 3 is dead... Also TOR did not kill KotOR3, Lucas Arts did long before TOR happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Lamme. View Post
real fans want to play KOTOR III not a damn MMO... (my opinion)
If it is your opinion then say "as a fan I want to play KOTOR III, not a damn MMO" because you make it sound like those of us playing TOR are not real fans. Which is not correct.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,