Thread: Vehicle for JKA
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
FarbrorGnur
Rookie

I see! Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0Sith View Post
You might encounter some problems down the road caused by the way you created your bone rig. If you successfully compile the model and see messed up animations on one side, it will be a pivot point problem caused by mirrored bones.

Hmm, how should I create the bone rig without encountering problems? I just made the bones inside the tail, legs and so on, and made them fit quite well into the mesh, using fins to extend a bit, but nothing sticking outside (not sure if necessary). For the legs, I mirrored the legs over to the opposite. Tail, body (including head), legs and wings were seperate in the bone structure, but linked together. Pelvis was the topmost parent, sort of.

If there's a better way to do it, I could redo it that way, because most likely it seems I have to redo the bones anyway..! I forgot that the weighting part had to be done in 3ds max 6, not 8. But seems like the bones also must be done there, because exporting from 3ds max 8 to 6, converts everything to Editable Meshes, including the bones. The bones become editable meshes, not bones! So I see no easy way around it, other than re-creating it. But I don't mind that very much, especially if there's a better way to do it?
FarbrorGnur is offline   you may: quote & reply,