View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #1293
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suaidan View Post
Ah so i could have just added the back story they already had about his survival as long as i made it clear that it was their work not mine? That would have helped alot in the explanation of the set up. Although i don't know what they were thinking when they wrote his survival anyways...so many questions i had about that lol.
I don't know if you have read Stephen King's Danse Macabre, but in it he mentions two different classics where the authors made glaring mistakes. Dafoe in Robinson Crusoe has the main character strip nude to swim out to the ship wreck, then has him filling his pockets.

Then in the original Doctor Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, Mr. Hyde pushes through a crowd as three in the morning, which causes the crowd to gather outside Jekyl's townhouse to protest. As he commented himself, what was a crowd doing on the streets of London at 3 AM? Probably trying to figure out where Crusoe's pockets were...

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,