View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #1115
rev1011
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2. Skyrim. Shaiya.
Most of the time when it says "bound to event", clicking "apply" won't have any bad affects, atleast not for me. Just like the "wearable hood" mod, or a few blaster mods.

Only when I click on an item that either conflicted with the line or game files, which then leads to the item no longer appearing on your KSE inventory as (e.g)"lghtsbr01 - USM Kavarsaber" but instead appears as "BadStrRef [0424010]" (do not save when this happens!).
That example normally stops the item showing in my in-game inventory or simply messes my save up. >.<
Never-the-less, the item can still be spawned in-game by using the "~" and entering the "giveitem" code. Although, it normally doesn't work like it should. (E.g)I had a few different armor mods and wanted to try them all, but it said BadStrReff when I added one or two of them threw the KSE.
I tried using the give item code instead, and when I got them, they either made the game crash or appeared to look like the robes/armor from another mod (which was not how they were meant to look). This is due to file conflicting or 2DA Confliction.

Other things I noticed. When importing my KSE from my laptop to my pc, I tried getting the KSE to apply these changes that I made on the save file, but when I played the game, nothing got changed. I then downloaded KSE again, to which I then discovered I had to change the KSE's configuration to "run as administrator" and to run on the same windows compatability setting as what my Kotor was running on.

Another problem I had where I had a KSE in both my Kotor 1 and kotor 2 overide folders.
I could use KSE fine with Kotor 2, but with Kotor 1, the KSE never displayed any save games from K1. I then discovered I had placed a copy of the original KSE in my kotor 1 override folder, but the the original KSE was in my "downloads" folder(this KSE worked when I attempted to edit k1 with it).

rev1011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,