View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
Disturbed205
Rookie

Current Game: The Elder Scrolls V
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
I guess if/when I've put someone down, it's because I don't want TC mods, I want quality put into something useful to me. Why should I be invested in someone's poorly fleshed out story/idea when they have nothing to show for it yet? And pretty much everything they end doing could be released as a seperate, cool mod that can appeal to a wider audience. Instead of putting individuals down for their ambition though, I try not to comment instead.
Sounds like a bad case of entitlement, honestly. You're not being asked to be invested in anything. I believe the point of Holowan Labs is for people to show and receive feedback on what they ARE working, not for people to tell what they SHOULD work on.

This is something for private messages. A modders WIP thread should not be swarmed by 5-6 older members of the community as soon as it's made with pretty much "don't bother".

By making a public spectacle of their ideas, their mods, and the people themselves, it drives people away. WIP threads are for constructive feedback, the "you're not good enough" comments should be done through backchannels. I've honestly never seen such an unwelcoming modding community, usually people rush to help newbies, because new modders ='s new content for everyone.
Disturbed205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,