View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #269
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Updated my journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
That new drain effect is quite stunning, the high-res textures look really good. Especially in that bottom left shot.
Thanks! I'll get right on releasing the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
Wow, stunning work on the holocron. Luuuuuve the swirl DI!
Thank you.

Quote:
Did you try the detach to element trick on the pedestal mesh, then resetxform button mash'n fun? If I'm right that's the one with a bugged UVWmap right?

Mostly that fixed issues with bugged UVWmaps, but it creates more faults when its lightmaps that are involved Been banging my head on that for quiete awhile now.
I haven't; I'll try that next, though.

Quote:
Beam effects look ace aswell, the repeat effect is OK, it isn't that obvious to me. Though perhaps by working on it for awhile you just can't stop noticing
That might explain it.

This is just a brief update on the holocrons mod. I've tried detaching the faces of the holocron 'glass':

The good news is that the UV map is fixed. The bad news is that the glass is no longer as shiny. I'm not quite sure what to do about that at this point; I've tried fiddling with the material settings in GMax, but nothing seems to work.

In terms of the mod more generally, work on Dantooine, Korriban and Kashyyyk is now pretty much complete, and the Unknown World is now almost complete, too. This only leaves the material for Tatooine to do, and one unarmed combat form I haven't placed yet. Maybe I'll put it on Taris, so I've added new content to every planet in the game except Yavin.

That's all for now, but I'll hopefully have another update for you soon.

Share and Enjoy!

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,