My personal beefs with Dragon Age II:
1) Reusing the same environments over and over for supposedly-different quests. For example, there is a series of several taking place in caves, but no matter what your objective in those caves may be, it's the SAME. EXACT. CAVE. I kid you not...
2) The dialogue wheel for Hawke. Dragon Age: Origins had more thoughtful options.
3) The fact that you couldn't play a Dwarf or Elf in Dragon Age II. That was one of the most attractive features of the game for me.
4) Customization. Why couldn't you customize Hawke's weight or height, for example?
5) Lack of meaningful outcome options for most of the quests, even the main ones.