View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #39
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
I think to a degree part of the criticism also comes from the fact that they completely killed off Star Wars Galaxies. I know I'm mad about that. More mad about that than not getting KotOR III. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that. They were different enough that they could have coexisted. And honestly, they might have both helped each other out. It also left a real sour taste in people's mouths. Sure there were some that would never have been satisfied without either KotOR III or Pre-CU SWG, but there was no reason to completely kill off SWG. Personally it made me more worried about the longevity of SWTOR. I mean You build up friendships and alliances and end up having the game yanked from under you... I know that's how many SWG fans felt. They got robbed of the game they loved 3 times.
Galaxies was my first MMOG, and although I didn't play it as often as some people, I accompanied its evolution. I'm even one of the few who thinks the latest version offered a much more solid game and experience than the Pre-CU/NGE. However, as every MMOG, it would go away sooner or later. I was actually expecting that it would go F2P at TOR's launch, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I think I can only invest a good amount of time and money on an MMOG when companies assure me that a singleplayer version will be available when they, for some reason, have to close down the servers. And contrary to popular belief, it's doable if they have that in mind from the start.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,