Thread: [KOTOR/TSL] Animated Galaxy Map Texture
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
A short rant to follow . . .

I was considering putting Cathalan in the mod - briefly. Here's why I won't...

That mod was banned for reusing other artists materials like music from Queen and Hans Zimmer. The thread gets locked and then he acts like he's done nothing wrong and devolves into a schmuck. He gets perma-banned, The plagiarist posts stuff offiste about his being proud of being banned. Well, I'm proud of the the moderators stood up against his unlawful and unethical use of artists music - without any permissions obtained, mind you - and banished the mod. I am not fond of plagiarists (look for links about DarthBalor/Pikmin sometime) and I won't condone liars either.

Cathalan won't appear in my mod. Ever. /rant

Now that I have that out of my system, I'm going to wait on a new KOTOR version of the map for now. I'll get around to it eventually. Hey folks, besides Ord Mantell what other planet mods were there for K1?
Didn't realize that arrogant prick was still around... spreading the agent orange.

EDIT:

To actually add to what Sith Holocron said, this mod does not deserve any extra treatment. It does not deserve any compatibility patches and it doesn't deserve to be talked about (I regret doing it lipservice now). He's still out there hosting it so people can download the mod (Hans Zimmer and Queen still included).

But the main thing is that the guy is just an inconsiderate jackass. It's his mod, so he can do no wrong apparently. Despite 100% of the characters in the mod having an otherworldy and contrasting orange glow, apparently this is somehow still supposed to look good....

Last edited by VarsityPuppet; 10-17-2012 at 08:39 PM.
VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,