View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #142
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I don't like it... despite what people think of Lucas and his treatment of Star Wars over the last few years, I always liked the fact that LucasFilm was independent.

That said, I'm willing to wait and see despite what I feel.
This accurately represents my own opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
I still think It's bizarre how he was willing to relinquish his leash like that... seeing how hard he fought for creative control back when he made the original Star Wars.
I think he was tired of it. ~40 years of creating and maintaining an empire seems to have taken its toll on him, and he wants to be free of its responsibilities. At least that's the feeling I get from his comments and demeanour about this deal.

He also said that he wanted Star Wars to live past him, and that he wanted to hand the reigns over to his chosen successor while he was around. And, yeah, while I don't like it, Disney is probably the best place Star Wars could be for it to be taken into the future.

His decision to donate most of the profits from the deal toward charity has earned him a fair bit of respect in my eyes. ~4 billion dollars, given away. What is that, like, half his net worth? Amazing. Well done, George.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,