View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #854
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinWalks View Post
Hmm, okay, I've tried adding custom resolutions for 640x480 with 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit color, but it still crashes (in fact, when I set the custom resolution to 8-bit color, it actually crashed at the Obsidian video instead of after it). I can set the refresh rate; I tried 60 Hz, but would something else be better for these .bik movies? There's another setting for "Timing Standards" with the options "GTF", "CVT", and "CVT-RB"; the default is "GTF." Should I mess with those? Should I mess with another setting for "Underscan Percentage"?

(Thank you for your feedback, this has been very helpful already!)
Given your desktop resolution, I think that you're a good candidate for the "high-quality" movie patch. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do to help. It certainly looks like you've installed the game correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boczektoszynka1 View Post
Hello, my problem is when i click new game it crashes. Kotor stop work... I tried many fixes etc. Help. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX560TI, Steam version
The Steam version should already be compatible with Windows 7. No compatibility fixes should be necessary, and could possibly bork your installation.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,