Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
Amazing work, SS!

On the camera, I'm not too sure how much luck you'll have: camera distance appears to be set in camerastyles.2da, and so would appear to only be alterable in the .are file for an area.

On the other hand, appearance.2da does contain a cameraspace field (after the clothing model and texture fields), which may do something useful: it appears to have settings for some characters, like Carth, but not for others. The setting does not appear to be used for player characters by the game.
I've messed with a few of the fields, but it appears that the cameraspace one doesn't really make a noticeable difference. However, I feel that this will be a fairly specific application, and that if it is going to be used in mods, it will only be in specific areas. This way, the area can be tailored to fit the vehicle, and the camera change for that area won't affect the normal play.

And I'm pretty sure that I can't make this to use the PC specific model. The Iridonian is integrated into the model, and while there might be a way around that, I don't think that it's worth the trouble.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,