Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #1705
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
some quick news, if you haven't already heard about it. Mass Effect 3 has a new single-player DLC called "Omega". i've gotten it and played all the way through it. its about 4 missions long, and you don't get any of your ME3 squadmates with you this time. instead, you'll do the majority of the missions side-by-side with Aria T'Loak and a new character to the ME universe.
Yeah, it might have been nice to have access to other crew, but the two of them proved able enough companions. Just finished it several minutes ago, so don't know if squaddies make any comments or not.

Quote:
all in all, it took me about an hour to complete each mission, so there's a sizeable chunk of gameplay here. there's two new enemies to combat, but most of the enemies are the familiar Cerberus variety. the story plays out pretty well, but its nothing spectacular. the best aspect of the story is how much my paragon character contrasted with Aria who is, predictably, very much a renegade.
Basically agree, though I played Shep as renegade. Will leave paragon for a femshep run.

Quote:
.... gameplay was up to par with the vanilla game, which is to say that its excellent. combat was equally good as it was consistently challenging throughout. the locations are superb and highly detailed, and the environments are laid out naturally.
Agree. Too bad it wasn't in game originally.

Quote:
all in all, if you're a fan of the way ME3 plays, then Omega is a very good DLC pack that will give you about what you'd expect and perhaps a bit more. if you're one of the people that wants to completely write off the game because you didn't like the ending, then Omega isn't likely to change your mind. for me: 8/10.
Satisfied with it overall, but agree it wouldn't change the minds of the haters or the disaffected.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,