View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
This has confirmed some of my suspicions regarding the way the game's rendering engine works. The area models of the room you are in are always rendered, for the most part; however, any creatures, doors, or placeables that you are not looking at directly aren't rendered at all, and the other rooms seem similarly dependent on your player's perspective. You can trick the game into rendering more by messing with camerastyle.2da but even this is limited.
Editing the .vis and .lyt file of a game area could solve some of these "problems'. Within both these files the game gets info on what parts of the whole area need to be rendered. Both files contain basicly a list of the differant rooms an area is made of. Plus each room gets a list of its own, saying what needs to be rendered if the player is within said room.

example of how it looks.
Code:
RoomA 3
 RoomB
 RoomC
 Sky
RoomB 3
 RoomA
 RoomC
 Sky
RoomC 4
 RoomB
 RoomD
 RoomE
 Sky
Though, you might still have problems regarding the rendering of creatures, placeables etc... I believe these are depended on other settings, propebly hardcoded.

Nice find though, it certainly will help the modding community. It beats the sluggish slow work of compiling and puzzling stuff together in 3Ds Max.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,