View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #47
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
So is playing TOR basically pointless unless you're subscribing for all of the perks?
No... Helped a smuggler yesterday with his/her class mission Corellia. He/She was level 48 and had gotten there without sub or buying any Cartel Coins. The smuggler said he/she had to grind some to stay leveled properly, but as a subscriber I had to do the same thing with my scoundrel. He/She said it was no problem leveling and 2 bars were more than enough up to that point.

Not every ability needs to be on your quick bar. He/She hadn't decided if he/she would continue with after 50 stuff, but was planning on rolling a knight next. Could have just been saying that because the nice, pink knight was killing his/her boss.

So no, at least according to someone that has leveled a toon to 48 and finished their class story, it is not pointless to go f2p. Like Lynk wrote, it is pointless if you want to do after 50 stuff.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,