View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #1319
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan Farlander View Post
Unless guns DO go away completely, this is still going to happen. And even if they do go away completely, it would probably still happen. Maybe they could do less damage per incident, but people would still die. It seems like in this particular case, having asylums back would have made a bigger difference. But the hardest thing for us to accept is that, even if there were no guns, and even if there were places to lock up crazy people, this would still happen. People would still be killed. Human beings are problem-solvers, and we don't like to hear that we can't fix a problem completely, but I'm afraid that's something we all have to accept...
That's true... but up to this point we haven't even had an honest national conversation about what's happening,.. let alone made any kind of an effort to start working towards solutions.

I don't think there are easy answers or complete solutions... but I also don't think that doing absolutely nothing at all towards trying to change the situation is ever going to improve things either.

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: