View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #38
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I kind of want to go back to the kids killed on subject. This line has been going through my head for a week now.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever going to have."

I have been hearing a lot about arming teachers, sorry I think this is stupid for the majority of teachers. I know some could do it, but others are going to hesitate. Many are teachers because they have a nurturing nature. This will most likely make the hesitate in the use of deadly force. In that situation, hesitation could cost them their life, but could also give the crazy another gun.

I don't think I could take a life unless it was to protect another life (that was not my own). Don't get me wrong, I have killed animals hunting, a horse and cows because they were suffering, but that is entire different from taking a human life. That said, in the case similar to this one where taking a life would save kids in my charge, I don't believe I would hesitate, but nobody knows for sure unless they are in that situation. I hope none of us are never in a situation to find out.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,